Thursday, March 29, 2012

What Would You Do With $500 Million?

The Mega Millions has reached a record high... It is estimated to be about 540 million dollars. I don't know about you, but I don't even know what I would do with $1 million let alone $540 million. Well, I decided to buy a Mega Million ticket. After all, what could it hurt? It's just $1 and you never know if you're gonna buy the winning ticket or not.

This was the first lottery ticket I bought. I went in and said "I'd like to buy a Mega Millions ticket," and right away I saw the lady shaking her head. She says to me "Are you 18?" and I proudly brought out my license stating that yes indeed I am not only 18, but I am 20 years old.

And so now I hold two Mega Millions tickets. One for Isaac and one for me. (Isaac forgot his license at home so I bought one for him, though I still hold his in my wallet because we never know when Isaac is going to lose his wallet :P).



I am completely sure I will not win this Mega Million Jackpot, but it still got me thinking on what I would do with $540 million. The possibilities are endless. I would have no idea where to start!
So let me share with you some of the things that I would do with $540 million.

The first thing I would do is figure out how much I'd need to pay for taxes. I'd want to put that money away separately. I know I would not spend $540 million in one lifetime let alone one year but I still would just want to know how much money I needed for taxes so that I could figure out how much money I actually have leftover and how much I could use for other things.

The next thing I would do is pay off my parents house for them. I'd pay off any of their debt they had on anything and then buy them a new house if that is what they wanted.

The next thing I'd do is pay off any of my siblings school tuition and help them pay for the rest of their way through college (or all the way through college since my sisters and Peter haven't even started).

I'm not really sure what order of things I would do next. I'd for sure want to take some exotic family vacation for like a month. Probably not that long, but it would be so fun to just get away as a family for a while.
Then I would start planning on getting married to Isaac. We have millions of dollars so we're pretty much set for life and can have our dream wedding.

There is so much I would want to do for my bestest friends and family as well. I would just want to help THEM in any way I could.

I think the main thing I would want to do with my money is to set up some type of ministry. I'm not even sure what kind of ministry... whether for kids, adults, teens... or what we would even do. I just know I would want to set up a ministry and work full-time for that. I recently found that my spiritual gift is compassion. I always knew it was something along the lines of that. My heart breaks for people who are in need and I wish that I had more resources to give to people what they need. I would like to write a post sometime about spiritual gifts and how I found mine. But like I said, that'll have to wait for a different post :)

If I won millions of dollars I know it would be because God wanted me to use it for his glory. I'm 100% sure I won't even come close to winning this jackpot, but it is still fun to dream about. All I can ask for now is that God will still show me ways that I can help serve him and show compassion on people who are in need.

So now my question is, what would YOU do with $540 million?

1 comment:

  1. Those are great ideas!
    I'd probably save for the future, donate to a Christian missions organization, and use some to travel all over the world, frequently!

    ReplyDelete